Welcome to the second instalment of our favourite riding spots in the UK.
In the first part we detailed a handful of fantastic Motorcross MX tracks across the UK for you to tear up!
In this part we continue our overview of many of the awesome tracks the UK has to offer.
This track is 9 miles long and has many new features. An all terrain track with 4 tabletops, one big step up, 2 mini doubles and 5 swoops.
The track has a burn on nearly every corner. Opening times are 10 – 5 Friday, Saturday and Sunday, late open 2 -7:30 Wednesdays.
There will be a first aider on site at all times, canteen will be open from Friday the 2nd of June 2017. We will be open for business on Saturday the 13th May 2017.
We have a flushing toilet. Prices will be £30 for all day and spectators are free. we have a large viewing area where most of the track is visible.
Brand new track built by Richard Rose and Alfie Smith.
- Huge layout over 2 km in length.
- Tabletops, Rollers, Rhythm sections and Step Downs.
- Soft sandy surface over most of track with the jumps being hard-packed.
- National spec track.
Gainsthorpe Road, Kirton, Lincolnshire, DN21 4JL
07542 652 969
Sand based motocross track with ski jumps, table-tops, drop offs and deep sandy bermed corners. At its shortest length it is 1.1 miles long and in the summer months a rear extension is added which extends the track length to 1.5 miles.
- Fully marshalled and trained first-aiders are always present on site.
- Tracks always graded prior to commencement of practice.
- Refreshments and toilet facilities available on site.
- Site fully insured and endorsed by the sport’s governing body – the Auto Cycle Union.
- Practice sessions split into 20 minute sessions of usually 3 groups. Groups split into riders of similar ability e.g. Experienced, Intermediate, and Junior.
Equipment Required: Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Motocross Pants and Jersey, Body Armour.
PDMX also requires your bike to be fit for purpose.
Wallend Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2HW
Moto Land UK is a man made black sand circuit, with jumps, step-up, tunnel and banked turns. Used for race meetings as well as practice sessions, the circuit is maintained on a regular basis.
The circuit was designed by British GP star Carl Nunn and his father Stuart, who is also the track coach.
There is a permanent cafe area on the premises overlooking the track, a purpose built power wash area and First Aiders are on hand if needed
Price is £25 for 100cc and above and £23 below 100cc. Also included is third party insurance.
Cooks Drove, West Row, Bury St. Edmunds, IP28 8QL
The track is under new ownership (April 2016).
The track has been designed to flow within the natural contours and topography of the site and vegetation and thus providing a free flowing sand section to the rear with a tighter Rhythm / SuperCross style circuit to the front section.
The track is approximately 1,300m in length by 8m in width on average, predominately sand based with loose laid soil to the remaining surface elements with hard clay to the face of all large jumps. They have 75ft table tops, 80ft triple with 20ft drop in, 60ft double plus much more, all of which is maintained regularly.
The track is usually open three days per week; Wednesday’s Saturday’s and Sundays. The gates open at 9am and practice runs from 10am – 3:30pm.
Prices: £30 per day for adult / £20 per day for youth riders!
The guys have spent a great deal of time making sure that the track isn’t too intimidating for novices yet provides a good challenge for the more experienced rider, whilst also being as safe as possible with the use of chestnut fencing and tuff blocks.
On site facilities include:
- Full length Motocross training circuit (1,300m)
- Toilet facilities
- Large hard standing paddock area for over 200 vehicles
- Classroom and education facility *
- Coaching facilities
- Wild life habitat and education centre *
- On site mechanic with workshop area *
- First aid centre with qualified first aiders and experienced marshalls
- On site bike and clothing store *
- Covered catering facilities
- Company owned bikes for youth / adult training scheme *
- Spectator viewing
We now have a website for on-line booking-in, visit www.goracemx.com
Membership no longer required. Please look at the Facebook page “The Milk Run” for all up to date information. Keep your eyes open for training days there.
Please note that there are strict noise regulations in place and therefore DB killer/ noise reducer may be required. DB killers are available at the track for £16.50 + VAT.
Arena MX, A1306 Arterial Road, Grays, Purfleet, Essex, RM19 1AE
(1 min off junction 31 of the M25 next to Lakeside)
Visited any of these? Have we missed any of your favourites out or do you have any updated information?
Please let us know in the comments section below!